- Time to revisit the exhaust after fitting cat replacement pipes 2005,
- discovering that the whole exhaust need some repair work.
- My first choice would be to purchase a stainless steel exhaust from BTB
- However, I had some materials left over from a previous project and to
- extra parts and make my own out weighed the cost of
outright purchase complete.
- The standard system is basically straight through, but
made with 57.5mm diameter tube.
- The system I made uses 63.5mm diameter tube, which
offers almost 20% increased flow
Exhaust main page
1. Overview of existing system today
3. Mid silencer boxes
4. Rear silencer box
5. Clamps and joiners
6. Tailpipe trim
7. Tube work
- So, how does it perform ?
- Having covered about 50 miles to allow the silencer
packing to expand and settle properly, I can say that I'm very pleased
- with not only the exhaust note, but pick up seems
better too, maybe another 50hp !.............ok kidding with that bit
- It does seem to pull stronger, but that could
just be me wanting it too. Hopefully a rolling road session will provide
- some answers.
9. Dyno Result....the