- Coil Packs
- I've noticed some odd coughs now and again, not put
down to anything in particular.
- Having already replaced the ignition leads which improved
matters 99%, really there
- was only one thing to try next which were the coil packs.
- The ignition coil pack assembly consists of 3 seperate
coils (1 coil to drive 2 cyl) mounted
- on a plastic frame which incorporates the electrical
connector sockets and some circuitry,
- this in turn is bolted to aluminium mounting plate. The
whole assembly is then hung under the
- inlet manifold.
View from above with battery removed.
View from underneath (with aircon pump and bracket removed
for clarity ;-)
Complete assembly removed.
New coil from Rockauto
New plastic mount board.
Mount board with 1 coil in place.
Finished assembly with lead numbers engraved for easy
- Test run was trip to annual meeting at Duxford, on one
of the hottest days for a long
- time, temperatures recorded at about 35degF. A round trip of about 200
- drive was faultless, engine felt really strong.I was'nt expecting for a performance
- improvement, but
it certainly felt like it ! A good move ahead of some turbo work soon.